As my eyes rolled to the back of my head last night, waiting for the server to finish configuring, I hoped my website transition plan was going to work. Yesterday, I took control of the Critical Path hosting. That meant everything would have to be reinstalled on a new server and database restored. I kept asking myself if I had planned enough.
Other then 6 hours of dead time, due to the release of the domain by the other host, things went relatively well.
The final indicator that I did indeed plan my transition correctly was when the database was restored this morning. The line read better then a tweet.
Import has been successfully finished, 1503 queries executed.